paddlesteamers.info : The Internet's leading database of Paddle Steamers past and present


PS Lord Tredegar (ex - Lady Margaret, ex - Carrick Castle)
Built in 1870 by J Fullerton & Co
Engines : Simple diagonal, 49 in x 54 in by W King & Co
Dimensions : 192.1 ft x 18.2 ft

Built for the Loch Goil and Loch Long Steamboat Company, sailing from Glasgow to the two named lochs
Sold in 1881 for use on the Firth of Forth
Bought in 1885 by the Hastings and St Leonards Steampship Company
Sold in 1888 to Edwards and Robertson of Cardiff for the Bristol Channel trade and renamed Lady Margaret
Renamed Lord Tredegar in 1895
Scrapped in 1898

Return to:
Loch Goil and Loch Long
Hastings and St Leonards
Edwards and Robertson
British Paddle Steamer Index