paddlesteamers.info : The Internet's leading website for Side-Wheeled Paddle Steamers
Preserved in the Technisches Museum in Vienna are the oscillating engines of the paddle tug Orsova
Many thanks to Sandstein who made this photo
available for use under the terms of the Creative Commons Licence
Oscillating engine built in 1863 by Rennie of London to a design by Josph Maudsley.
Modified in 1866 and again in 1889 when compounded
Orsova was built in 1853 at Budapest and worked for the
Austrian DDSG company until scrapped in 1929.
She was 59.43 metres long and 13.16 m in breadth (7.01 m excluding the sponsons).
Return to Preserved Engines