paddlesteamers.info : The Internet's leading database of Paddle Steamers past and present


PS Slieve Bearnagh
Built in 1894 by J and G Thomson at Clydebank
Engines : Compound diagonal
Dimensions : 225 ft x 26 ft
383 Gross Registered Tonnes

Served on the Belfast to Bangor ferry service with additional occasional calls at Larne and Donaghadee
Sold to D & J Nicol in 1912 for service out of Dundee
Called up by the Admiralty as minesweeper then bought outright and eventually became a hospital ship known as HC5
Scrapped in 1923 at Inverkeithing

Return to:
Belfast and County Down Railway
D & J Nicol
British Paddle Steamer Index