TS Glen Sannox  
part of the Clyde Turbine Steamers website from paddlesteamers.info - the internet's leading paddle steamer information and photograph database


Glen sannox Robertson PC.jpg


Glen Sannox in a post card issued by W Robertson & Co of Gourock and kindly supplied from his collection by Michael Brown

Launched in 1925 by Wm Denny & Brothers at Dumbarton (Yard No 1170)
664 Gross Tons
3 shaft single reduction geared Parsons Steam Turbines
Dimensions : 249'9" x 30'1"


Turbine steamer built to replace the ageing and expensive to operate paddler of the same name
The design closely followed that of the Duchess of Argyll, built 21 years earlier (the CSP's last new vessel before the new "Sannox")
Went straight on to LMS's Ardrossan - Arran run and was not registered for wider cruising under the CSP
Re-registered as a CSP steamer in 1936 and thus able to extend her range to Campbeltown in Kintyre.
Remained on the Clyde during World War II, serving the Arran piers from Fairlie
Returned to the Ardrossan station, serving until the end of 1953
Sold in the summer of 1954 to Belgian shipbreakers and dismantled at Gent.

Return to

London, Midland & Scottish Railway
Caledonian Steam Packet Company
Clyde Turbine Steamers Main Menu