paddlesteamers.info : The Internet's leading database of Paddle Steamers past and present


Firth of Clyde, UK
Williamson-Buchanan Steamers Ltd
Williamson-Buchanan (1936) Ltd

Formed by the merger of the independent Williamson and Buchanan fleets, the last remaining non-railway fleet became part of the Caledonian Steam Packet Company in 1935. However, it was reconstituted as a separate CSP subsidiary in 1936 and operated as such until the Second World War. In 1933 the famous turbine steamer Queen Mary joined the fleet and remained on the Clyde until her withdrawal in 1977.
Former Williamson Steamers
PS Benmore
PS Kylemore
PS Queen-Empress

Former Buchanan Steamers
PS Isle of Arran
PS Isle of Cumbrae
PS Eagle III
PS Isle of Skye

Former Turbine Steamers Ltd vessel
TS King Edward
New Build
TS Queen Mary :                       Note : For details about turbine steamers (designated TS), please go to our associated website : Clyde Turbine Steamers
Return to
Firth of Clyde
Clyde Steamers of the 1930s
Clyde Turbine Steamers
Main Menu