paddlesteamers.info : The Internet's leading database of Paddle Steamers past and present
Built 1913 by Obuda Shipyard, Budapest
Engines : Compound Diagonal
Zupa is moored at Belgrade on the River Sava
and her last known role was as a HQ ship for the Pim
Zupa is a classical 54 metre long Danube paddle tug built in 1913 at Obuda, Hungary. Originally called "Una"she sailed for the Austrian DDSG company until 1914 before becoming Romanian-owned and renamed Cozia in 1921.After World War II she fell into Yugoslav hands and became Zupa. Internet photo
A sister ship was called Vag before becoming Slovenac and more recently PIM-Beograd. She was wrecked but her remains are still to be seen at km 127 on the Sava River.