:  The Internet's leading website for Side-Wheeled Paddle Steamers

Built in 1905 by Thames Iron Works
Engines : Compound Diagonal by builders
Length : 130 feet
120 Gross Registered Tons

Served London County Council's River Thames service from Greenwich to Hammersmith from 1905-1907
Sold in 1909 for service on the River Tamar at Plymouth by the Millbrook Steamboat Company
Requisitioned by the Royal Navy for use in Mesopotamia (modern Iraq) in 1916 as PS 42
Owned by the Tigris & Euphrates Steam Navigation Company from 1920
Scrapped in 1926

Return to
London County Council
British Paddle Steamer Index