paddlesteamers.info : The Internet's leading database of Paddle Steamers past and present


PS Queen Mary (ex - Earl Godwin)
Built in 1905 by Napier and Miller at Yoker, Scotland
Engines : Compound Diagonal by Scott of Greenock
Length : 130 feet
120 Gross Registered Tonnes

Served London County Council's River Thames service from Greenwich to Hammersmith from 1905-1907
Sold in 1909 for service on the Thames for the City Steamboat Company
Transferred to the Dumbarton & Balloch Joint Line for service on Loch Lomond, Scotland in 1914
Seriously damaged by fire soon after arriving at Balloch
Never used in service and eventually scrapped in 1929

Return to
London County Council
Loch Lomond
British Paddle Steamer Index