paddlesteamers.info : The Internet's leading database of Paddle Steamers past and present


St Elvies
Built in 1896 by Fairfield Shipbuilding & Engineering Co, Glasgow
Length  240.6 ft  :  GRT  567
Engines : Compound diagonal  37.5 and 72 in x 60 in
Gross tonnage : 566

Built for the Liverpool & North Wales Steamship Company
Launched 13th April 1896
Reboilered in 1914
Served as a minesweeper for the Admiralty from 1915 to 1919
Withdrawn at the end of the 1930 season
Scrapped in Birkenhead in 1931

Return to:
Liverpool & North Wales
British Paddle Steamer Index