paddlesteamers.info : The Internet's leading database of Paddle Steamers past and present


PS Vale of Clwyd
Built in 1865 by T B Seath & Co at Rutherglen
Engines : 2 cylinder simple, steeple & diagonal 16 and 49 in x 48 in, single crank by A Campbell
Dimensions : 186.5 ft x 18.1 ft

Built for service on the North Wales coast but taken into the Seath & Steele fleet on the Clyde in 1866
Operated summer excursions to Ayr
Reboilered in 1869 amd 1876
Sold to the Thames & Channel Steamship Company in 1881 and on to the London Steamboat Company in 1883
Scrapped in 1888 after her owners were taken over by the Victoria Steamboat Association

Return to:
Seath and Steele
Thames & Channel Steamship Co
London Steamboat Co / River Thames Steamboat Co
Victoria Steamboat Association
British Paddle Steamer Index