paddlesteamers.info : The Internet's leading database of Paddle Steamers past and present


PS Duke of Connaught (ex - Ardencaple)
Built in 1866 by R Duncan & Co
Dimensions : 150 ft x 16.2 ft, lengthened to 159 ft in 1875
Engines: Oscillating, 2 cylinder 28 x 36 in by Rankin & Blackmore
127 Gross Registered Tonnes (after lengthening)

Built for the new Gareloch service from Greenock, but sold to the Campbell family in 1869
Placed on the Glasgow to Dumbarton run, with an afternoon cruise to the Gareloch
Sold after the 1875 season by Keith & Campbell to the London Steamboat Company with three other ex-Greenock & Helensburgh vessels
Scrapped in 1888 when taken over by the Victoria Steamboat Association

Return to:
Greenock & Helensburgh Steamboat Co
Captain Bob Campbell / Keith & Campbell
London Steamboat Co
Victoria Steamboat Association
British Paddle Steamer Index