paddlesteamers.info : The Internet's leading database of Paddle Steamers past and present


PS Duke of Edinburgh (ex - Craigrownie)
Built in 1870 by R Duncan & Co, Port Glasgow
Dimensions : 175 ft x 17.1 ft
Engines: Oscillating, 2 cylinder 28 x 36 in by Rankin & Blackmore
123 Gross Registered Tonnes

Built for the new Gareloch service from Greenock, but sold to Keith & Campbell in 1871 after the dissolution the Greenock company
Sold after the 1875 season by Keith & Campbell to the London Steamboat Company with three other ex-Greenock & Helensburgh vessels
Survived on the Thames until approx. 1898

Return to:
Greenock & Helensburgh Steamboat Co
Captain Bob Campbell / Keith & Campbell
London Steamboat Co
Victoria Steamboat Association
British Paddle Steamer Index